Home » , » William Yau's Death: Cops Taking Another Look At Evidence

William Yau's Death: Cops Taking Another Look At Evidence

Oleh: RR - 2013/01/28 | 3:11 PM

PETALING JAYA: Police are re-examining all the evidence and clues in the case of William Yau Zhen Zhong (pic), including conflicting statements given by family members and witnesses.

Investigators are also retracing the steps of the missing boy whose body was found floating near a jetty in Kampung Sungai Sireh, Port Klang, and re-recording the statements of his parents, his seven-year-old brother and other witnesses.

Inconsistent statements given by key individuals was among the reasons for the decision to meticulously review the information gathered so far.

It is learnt that among the discordant matters include the statement that William's father was only aware that he was missing after 15 minutes of driving and the question of why his brother did not inform his parents earlier that William was missing.

Six-year-old William, the second child of Goh Ying Ying, 28, and Yau Kok Kang, 32, went missing in Jalan Putra Mahkota, Putra Heights at about 8.30pm on Jan 16.

It was reported that he had left the family car to look for his parents who stopped at an electrical shop.

A fisherman in Kampung Sungai Sireh discovered his body snagged on his boat at about 6.30pm on Jan 24.

Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Yahaya Ramli confirmed that all the possible angles in the case were being scrutinised.

“The lack of conclusive evidence from the post-mortem has compelled us to look for other clues especially at the place where he disappeared and where the body was found.

“All our resources are focused on probing every theory, including that he could have fallen into a storm drain or was killed and dumped into the river,” he said yesterday.

He added that police would record further statements from William's older brother as well as other family members.

On allegations posted in the social media and speculation by local dailies that William might have been abused earlier, ACP Yahaya said police had not found any such reports.

He said the results of the DNA test to conclusively identify the body as William's were expected to be ready by 10am today.

“If everything goes as planned, the body can be released as soon as the DNA results are obtained,” he added.

Federal CID director Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Bakri Zinin said the initial classification of William's case as “sudden death” should not necessarily mean that police would not investigate other possibilities, including murder.

“We will still go through proper investigations to find out whether the boy was killed or died because of an accident.

“We are back-tracking all our findings thoroughly in the course of the probe,” he said.

Comm Mohd Bakri also appealed to the public to come forward if they had any information related to the case.

Residents: William could not have come through village

SUBANG JAYA: The residents of Kampung Bukit Lanchong where William Yau Zhen Zhong has been speculated to have fallen into a storm drain linked to the Klang river do not believe that he could have wandered there.

Locals said the large drain in the village, which empties into the Klang river, was a popular fishing spot.

Md Noor, 60, who was among those fishing there yesterday, said if the boy had fallen into the storm drain, his body would either have been seen or caught somewhere.

"The water here is quite shallow, only up to knee level," he added.

Mohd Fauzi Man, 40, the caretaker of the Kampung Bukit Lanchong water gate, said he would have been the first to know if William’s body had been washed into the river.

"But the last time it rained heavily was on Friday, the day after the body was found in a jetty near Port Klang.

"Before that, the weather was fine and water was flowing rather slowly," added Mohd Fauzi, who has been based in the village for 11 years.

He said William’s body would also have been caught by three garbage traps if it had floated downstream.

"Everyone in the local coffeeshop is talking about how the body ended up in Klang. It does not make sense to us here that he came through the village. But we will just have to wait for the police to conclude their investigations," he said. -theStar
Kongsi artikel ini :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. MYO [Malaysia Online] MEDIA - All Rights Reserved
Hakcipta 2012 MYOMEDIA SDN BHD
Proudly powered by Blogger